As a Harvest Manager at Riverbend Meats, you are responsible for managing and supervising Harvest line employees. It is critical that the safety of the employees is always overseen. Managers are required to complete paperwork and reporting in a timely manner and ensure that the harvest floor is staffed to meet the operational needs. It is expected that you lead, develop, and inspire co-workers to better themselves and obtain the desired results. You will work closely with other teams (USDA, Maintenance, Colleagues, Management, etc..) and it is expected to maintain excellent/professional relationships with them.
Applicants should be willing or capable of performing the following jobs in the plant:
- Work in an area where livestock is being killed
- Work regularly in temperatures are near or below freezing (Coolers, Loading Dock Freezer)
- Work in areas with unpleasant odors
- Work in damp or cold conditions (20-30 Degrees-Fabrication)
- Work in extreme heat (up to 104 degrees in the kill floor)
- Work in areas that require you to lift, pull, or push 50 lbs.
- Work with sharp knives or a cutting tool
- Must be 18+ years of age
- 2+ years supervisor or manager experience in food manufacturing or production
- Must be able to communicate (reading, writing, and speaking) effectively in English and/or Spanish
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk 8-10 hours a day
- Must me team oriented. Having the mindset and willing ness to help other co-workers as needed.
- Experience in a food production or meat production
- Knowledge of safety issues such as food-borne illnesses, cross contamination risks and workplace safety standards Ability to arrive on time and absences minimal
- Ability to follow instruction
- Adaptable and dependable
- Ability to maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching, kneeling intermittently
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a hot or cold environment