As a Forklift Operator at Riverbend Meats, you are expected to perform a variety of tasks within our new beef processing facility including loading/unloading trucks, stacking product, case picking product, and staging finished product being fulfilled to orders. It is critical that the safety of the all the employees is observed. As a forklift operator attention to detail is very important. While loading or unloading trailers while being aware of weight, size, UPC, location, and trailer type.
Applicants should be willing or capable of performing the following jobs in the plant:
- Work in an area where livestock is being killed
- Work regularly in temperatures are near or below freezing (Coolers, Loading Dock Freezer)
- Work in areas with unpleasant odors
- Work in damp or cold conditions (20-30 Degrees-Fabrication)
- Work in extreme heat (up to 104 degrees in the kill floor)
- Work in areas that require you to lift, pull, or push 50 lbs.
- Must be 18+ years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must have basic math skills
- Must be able to communicate (reading, writing, and speaking) effectively in English and/or Spanish
- Must have the ability to stand and/or walk 8-10 hours a day
- Must me team oriented. Having the mindset and willing ness to help other co-workers as needed
- Experience in a food production or meat production
- Knowledge of safety issues such as food-borne illnesses, cross contamination risks and workplace safety standards Ability to arrive on time and absences minimal
- Ability to follow instruction
- Adaptable and dependable
- Ability to maintain a helpful and professional attitude and appearance
- Standing, walking, bending, lifting, stooping, crouching, kneeling intermittently
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work in a hot or cold environment